Evidence To Action Conference – Nairobi 2018
The theme for the Conference, “Evidence to Action” is premised on the understanding that great research and evaluation findings have huge potential to positively influence Africa’s policy decisions and development agenda.
The Conference will provide a platform for industry stakeholders to discuss strategies for enhancing the dissemination of research findings and ensuring that the process achieves the desired impact. They will provide stakeholders with a platform to do the following :
- Highlight the innovative & cutting-edge research and evaluation projects
- Support for and scale up uptake of what is working in terms of innovation and best practices.
- Use evaluation and research results to contributing to systemic change in African countries.
The objectives of the conference are as follows :
- Increase the dissemination of high quality evidence of what works, where, and why to develop seed systems, enhance soil health, improve post-harvest storage and strengthen rural institutions and mechanisms for market access for African and South Asian farmers.
- Support the dissemination of policy-friendly systematic reviews and summaries of new and existing evidence for interventions to develop seed systems, enhance soil health, improve post-harvest storage and strengthen institutions and mechanisms for market access for African farmers.
- Increase awareness amongst the Africans and policy makers, and international development staff of this evidence. Also on the factors that prevent uptake of research and evaluation data in Africa and discuss strategies for scaling up their dissemination and impact.
- To achieve a transformation of smallholder agriculture through changing smallholder behaviour to promote wider adoption of improved technologies.